Theme 'Window with a London View':
When a recent flood damaged some of the WPF Therapy Rooms based in London Bridge, we've teamed up with the charity to help them adorn their recently refurbished walls with some great art. They are looking for images of London taken through a window or a door - pictures that include the frame of the window in some way, it has to visible in your picture that you are looking out through a window or doorway.
Whether it’s the view from the top of The Shard in London, or looking out from your own home, London has some of the world’s best and most interesting window views. The image can be taken from any London building or attraction – it could be a landscape, cityscape or any view from any London window that inspires you.
· The competition is free to enter.
· Photographers selected for exhibition will receive £50 per image
· The images will be exhibited for 3-5 years from January 2018
· You will also have the opportunity to sell prints of your image
Colour and/or Black and White images will be accepted.
WPF Therapy Rooms
Contest is open to all individuals 18 years and older, worldwide.
30 November 2017
1. Entrants: Entry is open to anyone except those directly involved in the running of the competition or judging. Any photographer, amateur and professional, aged 18 years and over, from any country. Anyone under the age of 18 years will be considered upon written receipt of parental consent.
2. Closing date & entry address: Entries close 30 November 2017 . The online entry page will be disabled at 00.00 hours (UK time) on 30 November 2017 to allow for different time zones.
3. Entry fees: Free
4. Quantity of entries: Unlimited.
5. Equipment: Entries shot on either film or digital cameras are eligible. Image metadata will be checked to ensure compliance with the entry criteria.
6. Image eligibility: Images that have won a prize in another national or international photographic competition before the London Photo Festival & Gallery closing date are not eligible. You are strongly advised not to enter the same images in other photographic competitions which are running concurrently. Black & white images and panoramic images are accepted.
7. Age of images: There is no limit on the age but if your image is selected for the exhibition it must be of high enough quality for printing purposes. The original images must be high enough resolution to be printed at 24in x 16in. Images with watermarks and copyright symbols will not be accepted
8. Image copyright: The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not the organisers, to ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright requirements, and own the rights to reproduction of their images. Entries that do not fulfil these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Where this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the prize must be returned or refunded by the entrant. Entrants agree to fully indemnify The London Photo Festival & Gallery and its sponsors and employees in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of the entrant breaching any of the foregoing.
9. Reproduction rights & your copyright: The London Photo Festival & Gallery does not make any claim whatsoever on the copyright of your images. The copyright will, at all times, be respected by the London Photo Festival & Gallery and retained by the photographer. Where an image or images are reproduced by The London Photo Festival, the photographer will be credited. The organisers and sponsors reserve the right to free reproduction and exhibition of entered images in all media, but only in connection with these awards.
10. Online entry: Specifications for images for upload appear in the online entry page and must be adhered to. Photographers may submit their images online through the online entry system. The original images must be high enough resolution to be printed at 24in x 16in. Images with watermarks and copyright symbols will not be accepted.
11. Transparencies & negatives: These are not accepted.
12. Judging: All judges will be appointed by the organisers. The winners will be determined by the judges and the organisers in accordance with the competition rules. Their decision is final on all matters relating to the competition, and organisers will not enter into any correspondence regarding the judging or organisation of the competition. The deadline for the competition is 30 November2017. Judging will take place shortly afterwards and the winners will be announced in December 2017 or early 2018.
13. Prizes: The organisers reserve the right to change the prizes to a comparable alternative due to unforeseen circumstances and any changes will be posted on the competition website. Prizes are not transferable.
14. Quality of entries: If the quality of entries falls below the required standard, the organisers reserve the right not to award a prize/prizes.
15. Winners: A full list of short-listed entries will be published on our website. All prize winners must agree to their success being publicised by the organisers.
16. Sales: If you are selected for exhibition and wish to sell your image, the London Photo Festival & Gallery’s 50% commission will be applied to the sale price.
17. Winner's publicity: All prize winners will agree to take part in publicity about the competition after the results are announced.
18. Competition rights: All rights to London Photo Festival & Gallery awards and the contents of this website (not to entrants' images) are copyrighted and owned by the organisers.
19. The London Photo Festival & Gallery newsletters: By entering the awards and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you are opting-in to receive e-newsletters from The London Photo Festival & Gallery, so that we can update you on the awards, the finalists and the results plus news items relating to the awards, its sponsors or entrants. You will, of course, have the right to unsubscribe from the e-newsletter mailing list.
20. The rules: The information given in these rules is correct, but The London Photo Festival & Gallery reserves the right to change any of them without prior notice. The revised rules will be posted in this section of the website, and it is the entrant's responsibility to review this section. By signing their entry form, or completing online entry, entrants will confirm that they have read and agreed to be bound by the rules of the competition. Any breach of these rules by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may request the return of that prize.
21. The London Photo Festival & Gallery reserve the right to cancel or amend the Terms and Conditions.
22. The London Photo Festival & Gallery will assume that you have obtained the correct model release form (where applicable)
23. By entering the competition you are deemed to have read, understand and agree to the Guidelines/Terms & Conditions.
24. Your email address will be added to our mailing list. You will be able to unsubscribe any at time.
25. Governing Law: The rules of The London Photo Festival & Gallery and the relationship between The London Photo Festival & Gallery and its entrants shall be governed by English law. Any dispute may be decided by the English courts or those of any other part of the United Kingdom.