What does 'landscape photography' mean to you? One definition explains it as "showing spaces within the world, sometimes vast and unending, but other times microscopic. Landscape photographs typically capture the presence of nature but can also focus on man-made features or disturbances of landscapes."
We are delighted to bring you our second London Photo Festival Fence in partnership with Marble Hill House/English Heritage and our first of 2021.
The theme landscape photography could not be more fitting, with the exhibition set in the grounds of 66 acres of outstanding riverside parkland near Richmond in West London. It is an English Heritage site that surrounds Marble Hill House, a Palladian villa originally built for Henrietta Howard, the mistress of King George II in 1724–29.
As part of the £6million Marble Hill Revived project, we will see the landscape invested in so that historic features are restored, areas are opened up and the site bio secure for generations to come.
We invite you to submit your images and interpretation of landscape photography - the top images will be displayed for six weeks from March 2021.
Entry Deadline: 16th February 2021
Submissions: no limitations
Entry Fee(s): £10 for 1 image or £25 for up to 5 images
Judges: As voted for by the London Photo Festival, English Heritage and industry experts (TBC).
Copyright: All submitted images remain sole property of artist/photographer.
Eligibility: Contest is open to all worldwide artists/photographers aged 18 years and older. Anyone under the age of 18 years will be considered upon receipt of parental consent.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entrants: Entry is open to anyone except those directly involved in the running of the competition or judging. Any photographer, amateur and professional, aged 18 years and over, from any country. Anyone under the age of 18 years will be considered upon receipt of parental consent.
2. Closing Date: 16 February 2021. The online entry page will be disabled at 23h00 GMT.
3. The top selected images will be included on the London Photo Festival & Gallery’s (the Organisers) website where the Entrant will be given the opportunity to sell their image(s). Winners will also receive recognition on the Organiser’s online gallery display, newsletter and on all their social media channels via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Blog.
4. Equipment: Entries shot on either film or digital cameras are eligible. Image metadata will be checked to ensure compliance with the entry criteria.
5. Image eligibility: Images that have won a prize in another national or international photographic competitions before the Organiser’s Closing Date are not eligible. Entrants are advised not to enter the same images in other photographic competitions which are running concurrently. Black & white images and panoramic images are accepted.
6. Age of images: There is no limit on the age but winning images must be of high enough quality for printing purposes. Images with watermarks and copyright symbols will not be accepted
7. Image copyright: The Entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered. It is the legal responsibility of the Entrant, and not the Organisers, to ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright requirements, and own the rights to reproduction of their images. Entries that do not fulfil these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Where this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the prize must be returned or refunded by the Entrant. Entrants agree to fully indemnify the Organisers and its sponsors and employees (if applicable) in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of the Entrant breaching any of the foregoing.
8. Reproduction rights & copyright: The Organisers do not make any claim whatsoever on the copyright of the Entrant’s images. The copyright will, at all times, be respected by the Organisers and retained by the Entrant. Where an image or images are reproduced by the Organisers, the Entrant will be credited. The Organisers and sponsors reserve the right to free reproduction and exhibition of entered images in all media, but only in connection with this competition.
9. Online entry: Specifications for images for upload appear in the online entry page and must be adhered to. Images must be labelled entrants name_title
10. Transparencies & negatives: These are not accepted.
11. Judging: the judges will be announced in 2021
12. Prizes: The Organisers reserve the right to change the prizes to a comparable alternative due to unforeseen circumstances and any changes will be posted on the competition website. Prizes are not transferable.
13. Quality of entries: If the quality of entries falls below the required standard, the Organisers reserve the right not to award a prize/prizes.
14. Winners: A full list of short-listed entries will be published on the Organiser’s website. All prize winners must agree to their success being publicised by the Organisers and sponsors.
15. Sales: If the Entrant is selected for exhibition and wishes to sell their image, the Organiser’s 50% commission will be applied to the sale price.
16. Winners' publicity: All prize winners will agree to take part in publicity about the competition after the results are announced.
17. Competition rights: All rights to the Organiser's competitions and the contents of this website (not to Entrants' images) are copyrighted and owned by the Organisers.
18. Terms and Conditions: The information given in these terms & conditions is correct, but the Organisers reserve the right to change any of them without prior notice. The revised rules will be posted in this section of the website, and it is the Entrant’s responsibility to review this section. By signing the entry form, or completing online entry, Entrants will confirm that they have read and agreed to be bound by the terms & conditions of the competition. Any breach of these terms & conditions by an Entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the Organisers may request the return of that prize.
19. The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or amend the Terms and Conditions.
20. The Organisers will assume that the Entrant has obtained the correct model release form (where applicable)
21. By entering the competition the Entrant is deemed to have read, understand and agree to the Guidelines/Terms & Conditions.
22. The Organisers are not responsible for any failure to perform its obligations as part of this competition, if it is prevented or delayed in performing those obligations by an event of force majeure.
23. Governing Law: The rules and the relationship between the Organisers and its Entrants shall be governed by English law. Any dispute may be decided by the English courts or those of any other part of the United Kingdom.